User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- WROCC Newsletter Volume 41:11 reviewed (News:)
- WROCC March 2024 meeting o... Hughes and Peter Richmond (News:1)
- Rougol March 2024 meeting on monday with Bernard Boase (News:)
- Drag'n'Drop 13i2 edition reviewed (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 talks (News:4)
- February 2024 News Summary (News:1)
- Next developer fireside chat (News:)
- DDE31d released (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 Report (News:)
- South-West Show 2024 in pictures (News:)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: Games: If you own Revelation! original or BUZZ version ...

If you own Revelation! original or BUZZ version ...
  sirbod (15:54 17/9/2014)
  flibble (13:58 18/9/2014)
    sirbod (15:45 18/9/2014)
      CJE (10:18 19/9/2014)
  Matt (20:42 19/9/2014)
  antom (21:46 31/12/2014)
    sirbod (15:59 2/1/2015)
      antom (14:35 27/3/2015)
        sirbod (15:56 27/3/2015)

Jon Abbott Message #123345, posted by sirbod at 15:54, 17/9/2014
..and are prepared to image it for the JASPP project, please contact me via: jon at jaspp dot org dot uk

We have the version released on the Krisalis Collection, its the other two we're looking for.

The original may contain disk protection that would need imaging with ADFFS, the BUZZ version should be protection free and can be imaged with either ADFFS or as an ADF on a RiscPC or Iyonix.

There's a few others we're also after:
Chuck Rock [BUZZ version]
Gods [BUZZ version]
Mad Professor Mariarti [BUZZ version]
Manchester United [BUZZ version]
World Championship Boxing Manager
World Class Leaderboard

If you have any of the above and have a RISCOS machine with a floppy drive to image it, please contact me.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Peter Howkins Message #123346, posted by flibble at 13:58, 18/9/2014, in reply to message #123345
flibble

Gods [BUZZ version]
If Buzz was the budget range? Then I might have this one, I'll check at parents house.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jon Abbott Message #123347, posted by sirbod at 15:45, 18/9/2014, in reply to message #123346
If Buzz was the budget range? Then I might have this one, I'll check at parents house.
Yes, BUZZ is the budget range. Much appreciated, thanks.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Chris Evans Message #123351, posted by CJE at 10:18, 19/9/2014, in reply to message #123347
CJE Micros chap
In case it helps you find it, the Buzz range were thin (about 12mm thick) blue boxes about CD size.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Matthew Thompson Message #123355, posted by Matt at 20:42, 19/9/2014, in reply to message #123345
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure there was no actual individual release for Revelation, it was a new release for the Krisalis Collection, certainly hadn't been released before. It was definitely released separately later on, on the Buzz label but unless anyone can prove me wrong I am pretty sure this is the only standalone release of it.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

antom Message #123463, posted by antom at 21:46, 31/12/2014, in reply to message #123345
Still need some of these? I've just rooted my boxed copy of Revelation (Buzz version) out from a drawer. Happy to assist if so.

I've also got boxed copies of the following from the list if still needed:

- Manchester United (BUZZ / Original)
- Mad Professor Mariarti (BUZZ / Original)
- World Championship Boxing Manager (Original)

I'll check on the others as may have copies knocking around. Gods & Chuck Rock BUZZ versions are a possibility.

I haven't checked in with the Risc OS scene for quite a while, but I've been messing with a new LED TV/an A3010 today and it's kicked off a new wave of nostalgia for the ol' thing. It seems that there's been a lot of new developments over the past few years or so - have to catch up!

Also, did I see somewhere that someone's made a screen mode compatible with newer screens/monitors/tv's? If so, brilliant! Will that help with a VGA connection that would usually refuse games in the old game modes and avoid the need for upscalers, etc?
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jon Abbott Message #123464, posted by sirbod at 15:59, 2/1/2015, in reply to message #123463
Still need some of these? I've just rooted my boxed copy of Revelation (Buzz version) out from a drawer. Happy to assist if so.

I've also got boxed copies of the following from the list if still needed:

- Manchester United (BUZZ / Original)
- Mad Professor Mariarti (BUZZ / Original)
- World Championship Boxing Manager (Original)

I'll check on the others as may have copies knocking around. Gods & Chuck Rock BUZZ versions are a possibility.
Yes, I'm after all of these except Chuck Rock BUZZ, if you're willing to scan all the material and image the floppies on an Arc. If you want to sell them, drop me an email: jon at jaspp dot org dot uk

I haven't checked in with the Risc OS scene for quite a while, but I've been messing with a new LED TV/an A3010 today and it's kicked off a new wave of nostalgia for the ol' thing. It seems that there's been a lot of new developments over the past few years or so - have to catch up!

Also, did I see somewhere that someone's made a screen mode compatible with newer screens/monitors/tv's? If so, brilliant! Will that help with a VGA connection that would usually refuse games in the old game modes and avoid the need for upscalers, etc?
You'll want LCDGameModes which is also included in ADFFS and automatically loaded.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

antom Message #123537, posted by antom at 14:35, 27/3/2015, in reply to message #123464
I haven't forgotten about this, but haven't had much free time to do it - hopefully sometime very soon!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jon Abbott Message #123538, posted by sirbod at 15:56, 27/3/2015, in reply to message #123537
No problem, it works on the Pi so I can release as soon as I have the images and get the archive ready.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

The Icon Bar: Games: If you own Revelation! original or BUZZ version ...