User accounts
Register new account
Forgot password
Forum stats
List of members
Search the forums

Advanced search
Recent discussions
- R-Comp reveals N.Ex.T Boxes - the successor to the i.MX6 (News:)
- RISCOSbits at Wakefield Show 2024 (News:)
- R-Comp releases Genealogy v2 (News:)
- Will we see 5.30 released at Wakefield show? (News:1)
- Sine Nomine updates RiscOSM and Impact (News:)
- Netfetch version 5.55 released (News:)
- Prizes for Wakefield Show announced (News:)
- Heretic update from R-Comp (News:)
- Wakefield Show 2024 is next Saturday (News:)
- Git client updated to 0.07 (News:2)
Latest postings RSS Feeds
RSS 2.0 | 1.0 | 0.9
Atom 0.3
Misc RDF | CDF

View on Mastodon
@www.iconbar.com@rss-parrot.net
Site Search

Article archives
The Icon Bar: The Playpen: !Asylum

!Asylum
  This is a long thread. Click here to view the threaded list.

John Hoare Message #26372, posted by moss at 09:24, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26369

Well, the site should go online soon. :) Just putting the finishing touches.

It'll be a bit rough round the edges though; I'll smooth it out next week. I'm away all weekend :(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26374, posted by Phlamethrower at 09:51, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26372
PhlamethrowerHot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot Hot stuff

Not there yet :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26375, posted by moss at 09:53, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26374

Tsk. Give me a chance :P Just finishing off a quick Oddball reviews section.

Of course, once I upload it, it'll take an hour to bloody validate :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26378, posted by moss at 10:03, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26375

BOLLOCKSFUCKSHITWANKSHITBALLSBALLSBALLS

I just moved computers because the net connection was dodgy; and the disc drive wouldn't work in the one I moved to. I moved to a different computer; same problem. Then another, and then another. I finally moved back to the computer I was on originally, and the disc won't work; cyclic redundancy check :-/////////////////////

I put in over an hours solid work on the site and it was on that disc; and I haven't got time to rush home and get it again and put the work in; I'm busy this afternoon and I've got a train to London for the weekend at 4:10...

FUCK FLOPPY DISCS :|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

I'll upload what I've done to the site quickly later; but there's not enough time to polish it off enough to launch. Bastards. :(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #26379, posted by rich at 10:04, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26375
Rich
Dictator for life
Tsk. Give me a chance :P Just finishing off a quick Oddball reviews section.

Of course, once I upload it, it'll take an hour to bloody validate :|
Then don't bother - just get it up (oo-er :)) so it's there and we can see it. Then finish it. Then tart around with validation if you must. Then go and have a lie down, and maybe a coffee. Oh, sorry, went a little too far telling you what to do there ;)

It's not there yet, it's not there yet...
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26380, posted by moss at 10:10, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26379

It's not there yet, it's not there yet...
Well it wouldn't be. It's fucked. :(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26383, posted by moss at 10:43, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26380

OK; off home. I'll stop back on the way to upload what I'd done on the site; it's not ready for launching yet, though; needs another couple of hours work doing on it :|

Gah.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26393, posted by Phlamethrower at 12:16, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26383

So why did you save the work to floppy, instead of your uni account when you moved between computers? :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26405, posted by moss at 14:12, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26393

So why did you save the work to floppy, instead of your uni account when you moved between computers? :|
I just did what seemed easiest at the time :(

I've just come back from home; got another copy. It needs a good two hours work doing to it (loads of file-renaming needs to be done, and lots of additions/corrections/couple of new pages), and I've only got 10mins - so I'll have to finish it Monday morning.

Sorry :(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26406, posted by Phlamethrower at 14:24, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26405

:(
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26407, posted by moss at 14:27, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26406

:(
Well, it's uploaded. It's a pigs-ear, though :| Lots of broken/non-existant links. And the graphics aren't working. Have a look. But it doesn't give you much of an idea how it'll look ;)

Got to go. Sort it out Monday. See ya!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26408, posted by Phlamethrower at 14:44, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26407

Well, it's uploaded. It's a pigs-ear, though :| Lots of broken/non-existant links. And the graphics aren't working. Have a look. But it doesn't give you much of an idea how it'll look ;)
Yes, so I see :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26409, posted by Phlamethrower at 14:47, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26408

*ventures beyond the index page*

Ack! That site's a load of shite!

I thought you were writing the site and then bringing it in, not bringing in a floppy disk and shitting on it!

It doesn't even warrent me posting the URL to access it :o (Since you forget to delete the place holder :frown: :P)

[Edited by Phlamethrower at 14:50, 6/12/2002]
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26410, posted by Phlamethrower at 14:55, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26409

Here's a hint: Use !ZipEE to transport the files between your Acorn and PCs. That way you won't have to worry about file name lengths. Be warned though; the version of zipee I've got doesn't like appending files to zips, so don't be surprised if that doesn't work.

If you don't have long file names in the first place, do yourself another favour by getting raFS!

And do it now, bitch!
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #26411, posted by rich at 14:57, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26409
Rich
Dictator for life
I could remove the placeholder, but I don't think index2.HTM is in the list of directory index files. Come to think of it there seems to be a lot of CAPITAL LETTERS used in the makeup of the site, was mossy shouting at his computer to get it working? :)
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #26412, posted by andrew at 15:01, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26411
HandbagHandbag Boi
I could remove the placeholder, but I don't think index2.HTM is in the list of directory index files. Come to think of it there seems to be a lot of CAPITAL LETTERS used in the makeup of the site, was mossy shouting at his computer to get it working? :)
If he used it more than 70% of the time then he wasn't normal according to TIB ;)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26415, posted by moss at 15:27, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26411

(from an internet call box)

I did not look properly; sounds like something has gone wrong in transfer again :( I was not going to upload it today without checking: but I did not want you thinking I had done bugger all :(

I will sort it monday - I am not that bad :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26416, posted by moss at 15:29, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26415

And I did not delete the placeholder because the site is not launching yet, fool! :P
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

John Hoare Message #26418, posted by moss at 15:34, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26416

/me points out he had sorted most of it this morning until the floppy went down :(

I wish I had not bothered uploading it now. It just makes me look really bad when I am not :|
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #26419, posted by rich at 15:34, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26416
Rich
Dictator for life
And I did not delete the placeholder because the site is not launching yet, fool! :P
THen why keep telling people it'll be uploaded tomorrow, next day etc. all over the place, fool! :P
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Richard Goodwin Message #26420, posted by rich at 15:35, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26418
Rich
Dictator for life
I wish I had not bothered uploading it now. It just makes me look really bad when I am not :|
It could be worse - at least all the hassle shows that people give a shit :)
________
RichGCheers,
Rich.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26436, posted by Phlamethrower at 17:07, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26420

I especially 'like' the asylum download page, where he's blatently copied straight from a text file I wrote giving details about what was in what zip when I uploaded it all. But he's swapped the order round a bit, meaning that it doesn't make sense because the description of the full versions rely on the descriptions of the demos, which are now placed *after* the full versions on the page :|

Plus some of the file names (But not the links themselves) are wrong :o
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Michael Drake Message #26440, posted by tlsa at 17:36, 6/12/2002, in reply to message #26436

Hehe! ;) On the whole, though, I think he's done a good job on the layout and presentation of the site and content. And he did say he still needs to sort it all out before it is launched...

:o

Mike
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Cuddlebunny Message #26461, posted by ribbit at 14:42, 7/12/2002, in reply to message #26440
smoochpuppet!Dirty Cow
Why don't you actually wait until he's sorted it out before being a complete bitch, Jeffers? Talk about being ungrateful. :frown: That's not the way to treat someone who's working with you.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #26463, posted by andrew at 16:39, 7/12/2002, in reply to message #26461
HandbagHandbag Boi
Jeffers criticises everything and rasps to follow-up.
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26484, posted by Phlamethrower at 22:12, 8/12/2002, in reply to message #26461

Why don't you actually wait until he's sorted it out before being a complete bitch, Jeffers? Talk about being ungrateful. :frown: That's not the way to treat someone who's working with you.
Because it's a load of shite :o

Waiting until it's finished and then bitching about it doesn't make sense; if it was finished then there wouldn't be anything to bitch about, so bitching would be unjustified. But at the moment the site is shite, so therefore I bitch about it. IMO there isn't much point uploading a site with all the images broken and most of the content unfinished - a single test page would have done if the site was that bad.

Yup :E
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Poole Message #26488, posted by andypoole at 22:18, 8/12/2002, in reply to message #26461
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

Well, I think it is best to bitch before the site goes live, that way you don't look like a complete arse when the site does go live. :P

I actually like the design, but the content could do with a bit more :)
________
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Jeffrey Lee Message #26489, posted by Phlamethrower at 22:20, 8/12/2002, in reply to message #26488

Yup, design is fine, but there's no point uploading the whole site if the content is shite :o
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Poole Message #26490, posted by andypoole at 22:44, 8/12/2002, in reply to message #26489
andypoole
Mouse enthusiast
Web
Twitter

Yup, design is fine, but there's no point uploading the whole site if the content is shite :o
Well I suppose that if he wants to test the links system, he needs to, I'm sure he has more plans for it :)
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Andrew Message #26501, posted by andrew at 10:41, 9/12/2002, in reply to message #26484
HandbagHandbag Boi
Because it's a load of shite :o

Waiting until it's finished and then bitching about it doesn't make sense; if it was finished then there wouldn't be anything to bitch about, so bitching would be unjustified. But at the moment the site is shite, so therefore I bitch about it. IMO there isn't much point uploading a site with all the images broken and most of the content unfinished - a single test page would have done if the site was that bad.

Yup :E
:D
  ^[ Log in to reply ]

Pages (22): |< < 12 > >|

The Icon Bar: The Playpen: !Asylum